The FCA Friends is a group of thoughtful and serious arts patrons committed to supporting contemporary visual and performing artists. Co-chaired by Caroline Hoffman and Paul Leong, the group funds one prestigious Grants to Artists award each year and directly selects the recipient of the FCA Friends Award. In 2021, Du Yun was selected as the Grants to Artists recipient to be supported by the group. In previous years, Friends members selected Grants to Artists recipients Andrew Schneider (2020), Mika Tajima (2019), and Carissa Rodriguez.
Members connect with FCA's rich community of artist supporters and recipients at private events and special programs. To provide an intimate and interactive experience, the FCA Friends membership goal is just 40 people. Recent and upcoming events include:
- Day trips to Ellsworth Kelly's Studio in Columbia County, New York, and Universal Limited Art Editions on Long Island
- Studio visits with Robert Gober and William Wegman
- Artist talks with Cecily Brown and Paul Chan
- Private tours of Donald Judd's home and studio at 101 Spring Street and the Louise Bourgeois House
- Private tours of museum exhibitions including Robert Rauschenberg: Among Friends at The Museum of Modern Art with Leah Dickerman,The Marlene Hess Curator of Painting and Sculpture, and Jimmie Durham: At the Center of the World at The Whitney Museum of American Art with Elisabeth Sussman, Sondra Gilman Curator of Photography